Mortuary in Camarillo:(805) 482-1166
Mortuary in Thousand Oaks:(805) 230-2800
Home About Us History
History

Griffin Brothers Funeral Chapel in Camarillo was co-founded by Russell and Thomas Griffin and was actually built with their father Gilbert's help. They opened the doors of 50 S. Oak St.in Mar 1951 and also provided an ambulance service to a large part of Ventura County for many years.They gradually outgrew their first location and opened a beautiful  mortuary on Wilbur Rd.in Thousand Oaks in 1961. The landmark Camarillo Chapel on Daily Drive was built in 1967 and has been enjoyed by countless passers-by over the last 42 years.The Griffins became an integral part of the communities of both Camarillo and Thousand Oaks. They helped countless families in numerous ways including transporting James Bond's mother to the hospital when she was in labor! After over 33 years of around the clock service of the highest quality, the business's were sold to Pierce Brothers Corporation. They eventually were purchased by SCI, a large corporation in the funeral industry. When the leases expired in Thousand Oaks and Camarillo the " Next-Generation" Griffins and a son-in -law (who all grew up around and in the family business) enthusiastically re-opened Griffin Family Funeral Chapels to again serve others in the Heritage of the True Griffin legacy ,not corporate owned! They wanted to offer the much needed origional family owned full-service option in both Camarillo and the Conejo Valley. Their goal is to care for the needs of other families in the same manner we would want to be cared for-personal, affordable,compassionate service with the utmost integrity and quality.

 
Site created by Bozeman Software LLC